Rey Mysterio will be challenging for the Universal Championship at the Hell In a Cell PPV next Sunday. Interestingly, that’s also Father’s Day, so the ongoing story involving Rey’s son Dominik having been attacked by Roman adds an extra layer to the narrative.

Mysterio challenged Reigns on this week’s episode of SmackDown to make it a Hell In a Cell match. During Talking Smack, the ‘Special Council To The Tribal Chief’ Paul Heyman would accept the challenge from the Luchador legend.

“I get this story, I want to see it go down,” Heyman began on Talking Smack. “As special counsel to the Tribal Chief, the Universal Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns. I, Paul Heyman, hereby inform the public that I’m authorized to accept Rey Mysterio’s challenge against Roman Reigns inside Hell in a Cell. And that’s bad news for Rey Mysterio.”

“Because you are not stepping into Hell in a Cell with just a defending champion. You’re stepping into Hell in a Cell against the monarch of the mat”
Heyman added. “The gracious God of the grappling game. The taste-maker of the island of relevancy. The savage Samoan sadist. The devil himself — inside Hell in a Cell. You’re stepping into the demonic structure with Roman Reigns.”

Here’s the full card for Hell In a Cell on Sunday June 20:

• WWE Championship: Hell in a Cell Match – Bobby Lashley (c) with MVP vs. Drew McIntyre
  • Universal Championship: Hell in a Cell Match – Roman Reigns (c) with Paul Heyman vs. Rey Mysterio
  • WWE RAW Women’s Championship Match – Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte
  • WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship Match – Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley