Former WWE Superstar Chelsea Green recently spoke to Inside The Ropes. The former NXT performer discussed a number of topics during the interview, including the recent angle between her partner Matt Cardona/Zack Ryder and GCW Champion Nick Gage.

Matt Cardona and Nick Gage had been feuding online and teasing something in-ring for quite some time. It was an interesting angle for Cardona to take; as he wouldn’t usually be associated with the deathmatch style of wrestling that Gage is known as the King of.

Nick Gage defended his GCW Championship at the recent Zombie Walk event, and after the bout he was attacked by someone dressed as a ‘druid’ type of character. It turned out to be Matt Cardona, but he adopted some of Jon Moxley‘s mannerisms and even hit the Paradigm Shift DDT, fooling the fans in attendance.

“I mean, I loved it! I was REALLY excited for it” Chelsea Green said of the angle and Matt Cardona’s involvement. “And I’m mostly excited because I do feel like he was put in a box in the WWE; and maybe it was him that wanted to be in that box, maybe it was him that never pushed to get out of that box – but this is his chance to show the world SO much more.”

“He’s been wrestling for so long – since he was 18, he’s now 36″
Green continued. “I mean, he’s really been a wrestling fan since he was, like, three years old.”

“But I just feel like this puts a little bit more validity behind his name and I love that for him. I think he deserves that”
Chelsea Green would finish.

Matt Cardona vs Nick Gage is scheduled to take place at GCW Homecoming for the Game Changer Wrestling Championship. The show will be available to purchase on FITE TV.