Before Brodie Lee became the leader of the Dark Order, you had Evil Uno and Stu Grayson. The founding members of the group, who have been with AEW since day one. The story of the Dark Order is well documented and somewhat immortalized because of the passing of Brodie Lee. However, one thing that cannot be denied is that founding members Evil Uno and Stu Grayson are both very talented wrestlers.

Talking in a recent episode of Talk Is Jericho, the duo spoke up about how they got into AEW. They go way back with the Young Bucks, stretching to their PWG and ROH days.

Jericho eventually asked the pair about WWE, and if either of them had received offers to sign for the promotion.

Surprisingly, Evil Uno had been approached by the company, but as a singles performer. This is strange, as he has been wrestling alongside Stu Grayson ever since 2006. The funniest thing is that the offer for a WWE try out came just after Uno signed for AEW.

“Surprisingly enough, the only tryout offer I got was once I was offered a contract here,” Uno noted. “I never seeked for it either. In my first, I’d say nine years, I just thought it was an impossible feat because I wasn’t ginormous. I’m a little masked guy who’s a video game character, and I’m from Canada.”

It was clear from both men that moving to WWE was never on the cards. Not because they were not approached, but rather because neither Evil Uno nor Stu Grayson thought of WWE as being an end goal. Neither wrestler felt as if adding WWE to their resume was necessary to validate their in-ring careers.