Talking on his Fangin’ and Bangin’ podcast, Gangrel spoke up about his former pupil and current TNT champion Miro. Miro trained under Gangrel during his time at the Knokx Pro Wrestling Academy from 2008 to 2010.

Talking about Miro’s dedication to mastering the art of wrestling, Gangrel was full of praise. “This is a guy that would work all night. You know, he came from another country. His dream was to be a wrestler. He left Bulgaria to come here to be a wrestler… You come all the way, you gamble on you. He bet on himself. He believed in himself, he left Bulgaria, and he came to the United States to become a professional wrestler. Look at him now. That didn’t come because he was being lazy, that didn’t come because he wasn’t dedicated. No, it’s the opposite. He was a workhorse, and he was super dedicated, he was super focused.”

Miro had a great run in WWE, but never got the push his character and popularity deserved. Following his release in 2020, he initially retired from the sport. However, AEW were able to get him back in the ring, where he is flourishing.

Coming into his own after separating from Kip Sabian, Gangrel is proud to watch his former protégé develop and the maturity he has found in the ring.

“So when I was watching this match with Dark Order, I see that he was just miles ahead, but not by being fast. He just knew his way around the ring and I was super proud of him because I know how hard he worked to become the professional wrestler that the human being is and then the man he is today and I’m super proud of him. So, Miro, good on you, man. Keep kicking ass, dude. I’m super, super proud of you. Keep rockin’!”