Peyton Royce had a very awkward meeting with Vince McMahon before her release from WWE. According to her, it may have been the reason for her firing from the promotion. The former WWE star talked about a number of things on the latest episode of her Off The Chops podcast with her partner Billie Kay.

During the episode, she detailed a meeting she had with the boss before her departure from the company. Royce recalled the time after the officials had broken off their tag team and she wasn’t doing much on WWE programming. So she went to Vince McMahon to pitch an idea:

“I decided to put on my big girl panties and talk to Vince. I had in my head what I wanted to say but he brushed it off very quickly and I went ‘crap’. I had an idea that I wanted to present, and he wanted to discuss other ideas – but I didn’t have other ideas. This is what I wanted to talk about and put my time and effort into. Vince says “What do you do for fun?” Me being me, the introvert and the homebody that I am, I had to let him know that I like to sit on the couch with my dogs and watch TV.”

However, Royce went blank after Vince McMahon didn’t find her first idea interesting. She tried to make something else up but failed. Peyton finally decided to tell this to the boss. According to her, this encounter may have contributed to the decision of her release from the company :

“He just stared at me and in my head I’m just like, ‘make something up’ and I couldn’t make anything up – nothing was coming out. I’m not a liar. I feel like he could have seen right through that. I basically said to him ‘I’m sorry, I’m boring’ and I just like to be home on my off days’. I didn’t contribute much during that unfortunately and that’s probably why I lost the job.”

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce made their NXT TV debut as a team back in October 2016. Their main roster debut came in April 2018 and the duo had a reign with the women’s tag team championships before their release. The former champions have since confirmed that they want to continue wrestling as a tag team and teased both Impact Wrestling and AEW as potential future destinations.