JTG debuted with the NWA at the “When Our Shadows Fall” PPV earlier this month. He defeated Fred Rosser on the show and has since been taking part in episodes of Powerrr exclusively on FITE. The former member of Cryme Tyme spoke to Metro UK recently about how he is hoping to keep Shad Gaspard’s memory alive through his run with the NWA.

JTG was asked what is driving him to get back in the ring at this point in his career.

“Besides my passion, it would definitely be representing both Shad and myself,” JTG said during the interview.

JTG continued to say he wants to represent Cryme Tyme in the best light possible with everything he does in his career moving forward.

“I’m not just representing myself anymore. When people see JTG, Jay Tha Gawd, they automatically think of Shad”

“I wanna make sure I represent the team and myself and him in the best light possible, and keep Cryme Tyme alive with whatever I do forwards.”

Also during the interview, JTG said that the outpouring of respect and care following Gaspard’s passing really helped him in the grieving process.

“To see it on social media, everybody sharing – it helped me a lot during my grieving, seeing all these things that people were writing about him, the videos, charity, all that good stuff,” JTG said. “It definitely helped me through the grieving process.”