Sonya Deville has taken a break from her in-ring career during the pandemic era. She has instead assumed the role of an on-screen authority figure on WWE TV.

With the company finally returning to the road next month with a big 25 city tour, a lot of people have been wondering if we will see the former Absolution member making an in-ring return as well.

Deville was asked about the possibility during her recent appearance on WWE’s The Bump and she claimed that she is content with her current role:

“You know, I love what I’m doing right now. I think it’s a natural fit. I’m a leader in life, and I think it transitions well into a suit and tie. I love being in charge, so I’m content with where I am right now,”

Sonya Deville confirmed that her in-ring career is not over yet. She indicated that she will return to the ring eventually but it won’t be happening anytime soon:

“At the end of the day, of course, I’m a fighter, but I’m really enjoying growing and learning in this role. I don’t see an end to it anytime soon.”

Sonya Deville had been off WWE TV since August 2020. She made her return to the company in a non wrestling role in January earlier this year.

She originally acted as an assistant to Adam Pearce but has started making executive decisions of her own since then.