John Cena addressed his pending return to in-ring action on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon last night.

“Those rumors are true. I’ll definitely be back in WWE, I just don’t know when,” Cena said when asked about a possible return to WWE.

“I haven’t had my last much and I can’t wait to have my next one,” he continued.

Cena also addressed how his film career will impact his WWE return as well. Issues with insurance have to be worked out for him to return.

“Once you do one of these things (a big film), the insurance doesn’t let you go wrestle on the weekends, so we’ll see what happens,” Cena also said.

Cena’s appearance on the show can be viewed below:

Cena’s rumoured match for SummerSlam in August is against Roman Reigns. During an interview with the ACC network, Reigns addressed possibly facing Cena on the show.

“If John wants to get smashed, then he knows where I’m at, when it comes to whooping people’s ass, I do not discriminate. Luchadores, mat wrestlers, legends, Hollywood superstars, anybody. Anybody can get it.”

Cena also addressed how his role in F9 could possibly lay the foundation for a heel turn in WWE during a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet.

“I think this is a beginning to showcase the fact that it’s possible,”
Cena responded when asked if F9 was the heel turn fans never saw in WWE. “Now as WWE invests and builds its roster and has a wealth of talent, it truly has many different anchors to the ship.”