AEW Women’s Champion Dr Britt Baker D.M.D recently appeared at Steel City Comic Con. The pro wrestler and dentist discussed a number of topics during her time on panel, including a question regarding her own personal ‘role models’ in wrestling.

Interestingly, Dr Baker chose two performers from WWE rather than some of the talent performers in All Elite Wrestling.

“Probably Bayley or Sasha [Banks], it’d have to be one of them,” began during the panel. “Those are two of my role models that I watched when I was first training to be a wrestler.”

“That was five years ago. When I was training, they were main eventing NXT TakeOver”
Dr Britt Baker continued. “That was when the tides were turning and they kind of paved the way for my generation of wrestling. Even though they are still in my generation, they came before me.”

The landscape of Women’s wrestling is constantly changing, with many of the best wrestlers in the world performing across different promotions.

Triple H recently caused some stir when he said in a press conference that WWE had the “best Women’s talent in the world” and that all of the best wrestlers “want to work for WWE.” These comments drew the ire of the likes of Thunder Rosa, who is also a major player in the AEW Women’s division alongside Britt Baker.