GCW Champion and Deathmatch King Nick Gage recently appeared on the NotSam Wrestling podcast. The Game Changer Wrestling Champ discussed a number of topics on the show, including his upcoming opponent for GCW Homecoming, Matt Cardona.

Cardona recently appeared at GCW’s Zombie Walk event, hiding under a ‘druid’ costume and pulling off Jon Moxley mannerisms before hitting a Paradigm Shift DDT on Gage. Matt Cardona then revealed who he really was to a massive reaction of boos from the GCW crowd.

Speaking on the NotSam podcast, Nick Gage would say how much respect he has for Cardona as a pro wrestler, grinding in WWE even when the company would not give him the push that he necessarily deserved.

“Before he did all that clown sh*t and I was messing with him on Twitter, I had mad respect for that guy” Nick Gage began. “We’re talking about a guy who had been in WWE for over a decade. Him and Brian Myers, I just respect them.”

“I’m a wrestler at heart and I respect them grinding all those years at that place and they would never give him a shot”
Gage continued. “He climbed the ladder and won the Intercontinental Title in front of 100,000 people. How awesome was that?”

Nick Gage finished by promoting the match between the two at GCW Homecoming, saying that it is going to be far more violent than Cardona is used to.

“Now, he’s going to get in the ring with me, there will be glass surrounding him, and we’re gonna go” Gage stated. “He steps into my world and he knows what it is. It’s violence, blood, gory, and I’m going to cut him and he’ll feel that burn. All the stuff we use in GCW is real. We don’t use fake glass or snip the barbed wire.”