Eddie Edwards is a man who has faced them all in his career. He has held titles in many promotions the world over, including 9 inside an Impact ring. This includes the TNA years.

However, despite everything he has achieved, there is one many still on Eddie Edwards’s hit list. Talking in a recent Sports Illustrated interview, Eddie spoke about the one man he would still love to face in the ring. His recent appendectomy scare may have cost him a dream match with Satoshi Kojima. However, there is a new name he wants to fight.

Eddie Edwards is healthy enough to get back in the ring after an emergency appendectomy, but he’s still angry that the surgery cost him a dream match against Satoshi Kojima

— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) July 2, 2021

“I want to be in the ring against the best, and, right now, Kenny is one of the best. He’s also our champ, and I’d love to be the guy to bring that title back to Impact. The stars haven’t aligned yet, but hopefully, that match will happen.”

Both men have wrestled in Japan for several years, as well as for different promotions in the US. It’s both strange and a shame that they are yet to face each other in singles competition. A fact that is not lost of Eddie Edwards.

“We’ve been on some of the same shows together, but we’ve never wrestled each other in a singles match. In a lot of ways, we took a similar path. We tried to do our thing in the indies, we both went to Japan. I got a chance to thrive in Pro Wrestling NOAH, which is what he did in DDT, and then later in New Japan. He went on to win the IWGP title. I won the GHC title. To me, it’s hard to deny that we have career similarities.”

There is no denying that a match between the two would be quite a show. Eddie Edwards is only 37, despite everything he has already achieved in his career. Long-time IMPACT fans have an affinity with Eddie Edwards that runs deep. Few would grumble if he was the man to eventually dethrone Kenny Omega.