Current AAA Mega Champion Kenny Omega has spoken up about AAA challenger El Hijo del Vikingo. The Mexican star was in action this past week using one of Kenny Omega’s moves in order to get the win. This caught the attention of the triple promotion champion.

Taking to Twitter, Kenny Omega acknowledged the move, but in true Omega fashion, exclaimed, he could do it better.

The balance and core strength this takes is incredible. With a little more raw power, he could have done it just as good as me.

I’ve said @vikingo_aaa is one of the best for a reason. Much like with Jungle Boy in AEW, I want to crush your future too, @luchalibreaaa

— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) July 5, 2021

El Hijo del Vikingo wants to get his hands on the AAA title. He wants to bring it home. Kenny Omega has held the belt for close to two years. Winning it from fellow AEW wrestler Rey Fenix in 2019.

It is interesting to note that the next AAA title defence for Kenny Omega is against Andrade el Idolo. Another Mexican star who has signed for AEW. This would mean that even if Omega lost, the belt would still not be in the hands of a AAA wrestler.

Kenny Omega and Andrade el Idolo are set to square off at the AAA Triplemania event, on August 14th. Omega will be hoping to shake off the worst of his injury concerns ahead of the bout, as he aims to continue his legacy as the ‘Belt Collector’.

Should Omega emerge victorious then you can only imagine a match with El Hijo del Vikingo would be on the cards. It would look like both men are interested in the bout. It would be fitting if the victory came as a result of the move that set their discussions in motion.