Terry Funk is one of the most beloved, respected, and revered pro-wrestling legends of all time. The 77-year-old is said to be suffering from dementia and living in an assisted-living facility.

The news was first mentioned by Don Muraco on his podcast and later confirmed by Mike Johnson of PWInsider. Funk’s health is said to have declined over the last year following the passing of his wife Vicki.

“I heard that Terry Funk is in a home for dementia. I spoke with Scott Casey over the weekend and I guess he’s driving all the way down to Amarillo,” Muraco said on the show.

Terry Funk’s official Twitter account has issued the following statement regarding his health:

Yes, Mr. Funk is currently receiving residential care for his multiple health issues, which do affect his mind as well as the rest of his body. As you can imagine, some days are better than others. He & his family appreciate all of your kind words!

FOREVER!

— Terry Funk (@TheDirtyFunker) July 6, 2021

Tommy Dreamer spoke to Terry Funk on Tuesday and relayed this information:

Everyone needs to relax
I just got off phone w/ Terry Funk
He is NOT in bad health
He loves everyone talking about him
Direct quote from Funker
I'm currently sitting in an assisted living place w/my thumb up my ass Whistling Dixie but I don't remember the words#Forever #ECW

— Tommy Dreamer (@THETOMMYDREAMER) July 6, 2021

Earlier this year, Mick Foley commented on Funk’s health in a Facebook post.

“I need to give Terry Funk a phone call. From what I understand, he’s in some serious pain after a lifetime of giving his all to the wrestling business. His hip, in particular is giving him a lot of trouble. Terry is not only a great friend, but my mentor, and one of the biggest influences on my career.”

“In my opinion, he is the greatest of all time, based not only on his amazing array of incredible matches with all different types of opponents over the course of several decades – but for his ability to make it SO easy to believe! No one made the suspension of disbelief easier than Terry Funk.”

Funk spoke with Sports Illustrated back in February about Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley‘s Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match.

“If you want to make this match work, you need to give the people their money’s worth. That’s the bottom line, that’s the most important thing. You need to do whatever you can to accomplish that. Physically, that can sometimes be a rugged game to play.”