Mike Bennett is a man who has rediscovered his passion for professional wrestling. Performing in Ring of Honor, Bennett stands on the precipice of history. His goal to take the ROH Pure Championship away from Jonathan Gresham.

The former WWE wrestler has come a long way from the misused figure he cut during his three years there. During his time in WWE, Mike Bennett, along with his wife Maria Bennett (kayfabe Kanellis) wrestled on Smackdown, RAW and 205 Live. Yet, he was never a regular figure, and often just used to feed the larger lions that were climbing the ladder.

“It was one of those things where I felt like WWE kinda beat the love out of wrestling for me. I’d always loved wrestling, I loved what it was, I loved performing but then when I got there, I got to the point where I was like, “I don’t like this.””
Bennett said, talking to Metro.co.uk.

Mike Bennett is back wrestling with Ring of Honor, his second stint with the company. He says this time he appreciates the company for all the things he realized he took for granted, or overlooked previously.

“When I was in Ring of Honor the first time, I don’t think I truly appreciate the opportunity I was given. I was young and stuff. You can always chalk it up to that. I don’t think I ever took a moment to be like, “Oh my God, I have a good spot in this great company that has produced mega stars,””

With his newfound love of wrestling, Mike Bennett has learned to enjoy the art of wrestling. Embracing the range of styles and cultures that can be found in different rings around the globe. He will be looking to kick his resurgence into overdrive this week by taking the crown from Gresham. Cementing himself as the main event guy in Ring of Honor.