Triple H‘s comments about the best women’s wrestlers in the world wanting to join WWE has created some controversy. AEW President Tony Khan previously took exception to his remarks. Now Maria Kanellis has responded to them as well.

The former WWE star has taken up a new role after her return to ROH last year. She has taken up a position in the ROH board of directors. Apart from being an on-screen figure for the company, she is also helping the promotion in recruiting new stars and rebuilding their women’s division behind the scenes.

When asked about Triple H’s comments about the female stars during an interview with Inside The Ropes, Kanellis claimed that if The Game gets honest with himself, he will realize that his comments are not true:

“So I think. I think, of course, has to say something like that, he has to say that everybody wants to be in WWE because that is where he works and that’s what’s required. But I think if you were honest with himself, he would realize that they aren’t the only place to work anymore and for a lot of people, they’re not even the place that they want to work.”

Maria Kanellis then mentioned how they have women in the current ROH roster who have previously turned down offers from WWE. The ROH star explained that any company, however big or small can have the best wrestler in the world. She also claimed that some of the most memorable moments of her career had nothing to do with the promotion:

“There are great wrestlers everywhere and not all of them want to work for WWE. And after being there twice myself, I have to say that some of my most memorable moments in this industry had nothing to do with the big Stamford, Connecticut company, and it had everything to do with the people I was working with and the way that I felt working there.”

Apart from this, Maria Kanellis discussed Lana’s comments about women’s wrestling in WWE. The Ravishing Russian had said that the company made her feel like women’s wrestling was not as important as men’s wrestling. Kanellis explained why this is not true mentioning how women’s wrestling always draws big international audience.