AEW star Frankie Kazarian was reportedly backstage during the Sunday night IMPACT tapings. It has not yet been confirmed if he played an active role in those tapings. However, it seems likely that Kazarian will feature in IMPACT soon.

The move is not surprising given the current Elite Hunter storyline in which Frankie Kazarian is embroiled. The moniker stems from when the Young Bucks cheated their way to victory over S.C.U. and forced the team to disband. The bloody affair was a wicked match to watch, and the end of S.C.U. a moment to be remembered for wrestling fans.

Since then, Christopher Daniels has not been seen on AEW television, and Frankie Kazarian has been going it alone. Turning up at every opportunity to attack the various members of the Elite. With the open relationship between IMPACT and AEW, it was only a matter of time before Kazarian arrived on IMPACT. Especially as Kenny Omega is the IMPACT champion and the Good Brothers are part of the IMPACT roster.

Since the breakup of S.C.U – the first-ever AEW tag team champions – Frankie Kazarian has been enjoying a singles run. His Elite Hunter persona is a storyline that he seems to be relishing. Exploring a darker, vigilante-style character. Loved by fans, he is intent on hunting down the various member of the Elite and making them pay.

It’s clear this feud has to end in a match, it remains to be seen how this will play out. Will Daniels make a return so S.C.U can challenge for the tag team titles? It seems unlikely that Kazarian will go after AEW Championship as Omega is currently in a story with Adam Page. Their tale is, in itself one of the best-managed stories in wrestling, and one several years in the telling.

Whatever the planned outcome, Frankie Kazarian is a man on a mission, and he will not stop until he has taken care of the Elite.

“I am going to hunt down every member of the Elite. You are going to learn about loss, you are going to learn what it feels like to get your heart ripped out of your chest. I will have my recompense or I will die trying. Right now what you are looking at is a bomb that you can’t defuse and a gun that you can’t unload.” Frankie said the week following S.C.U’s loss to the Young Bucks.

It’s a sleeper storyline, one playing out around everything else, interwoven into programming rather than being given its own slot. The best way for such a story to be done. Frankie Kazarian is putting in the performance of a lifetime and it’s exciting to watch it play out each week.