EC3 was a shadow of his former self during his time with WWE. He has spoken openly about how he has only just started to refind the passion WWE stripped away from him. Talking in more detail during an interview with Wrestling Epicenter, he went on to talk about how he went to great lengths to put his WWE run behind him.

EC3 spoke about the need to make sure the past was left in the past. In a speech that was heavily laced with frustration and an eagerness to not just move on but forget the experience entirely.

“As long as you live in the past, you’ll forever remain in the past,” EC3 said. “So if you’re shopping at a Target and you see your likeness, your image captured in toxic chemicals made in China sold for commerce. When something destroyed a part of your soul and took your pride and tried to destroy your passion, you truly have to let everything go! Let that which does not matter slide. So I threw out my own action figure. Eventually, I burnt one too. If you’re going to destroy your past, you must commit. If you’re going to do something, go all in. Be bold! Be brave! Don’t stop! Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don’t. Everything happens for a reason.” EC3 said.

A man reborn, EC3 is very much focused on the future. His words scream of finality with WWE. He has since signed with Ring of Honor and is excited to get back to doing what he loves. A love that he openly admits was stripped away by WWE.

When the interview pressed on why he was released, or what reasons he was given, EC3 had no answer.

“That’s not a question for me,” EC3 said. “That is a question you would have to ask the powers that be there.”

He is simply a man happy to be looking forward. Moreover, he has no plans to look back or waste time ruminating on things that he has no interest in. EC3 is not alone in expressing his relief at finding his ‘freedom’. However, he is certainly dedicated to cleansing himself with all eyes on the horizon.