Everybody who follows professional wrestling knows the story of Edge. He was one of the driving forces of the attitude era and took part in many legendary moments. Moments and matches that influenced or even changed the course of WWE.

He took part in the first-ever TLC match. In fact, he was involved in the first three TLC matches in WWE history. Edge was also one of the participants in the first-ever Money in the Bank ladder match back in 2005.

Talking recently, however, during an episode of The Bump, Edge talked about how he originally refused to take part.

“I wish I could say that I had this vision of how it would become its own PPV, and no, not at all. As a matter of fact, when they first told me that I’d be in this thing called the Money in the Bank match, I said, ‘Another ladder match? I don’t want to be the ladder match guy, I want to do more than that. I want a straight wrestling match. Where I can just get in there and go. ’ I actually said, ‘Don’t put me in it. I’ll find my way on WrestleMania another way and if I’m not on this year I’ll make sure I’m on next year, but I’m tired of ladder matches. I don’t want to get pigeonholed for that.’ That was not very bright thinking.” Edge explained

Edge was the first-ever Mr Money in the Bank. Moreover, he was directly involved in the first five Money in the Bank cash-ins. It was only after his historic win that he realized Money in the Bank was different. It was something special.

“So finally, and this sounds so stupid, but I had to be talked into participating in the match. It wasn’t until about eight months in, holding this briefcase, carrying it with me on every plane because I had to take that thing everywhere. That’s when I started to realize. When I came out at New Year’s Revolution and I heard the crowd, that’s when I went, ‘Oh man, this is something, this is something very cool.’”

“Then to be involved in the next five year’s worth of cash-ins or — Either it was I cashed-in or it was cashed-in on me. Or I was in the match where it was cashed-in. It’s so amazing to sit back and think I was a huge part of Money in the Bank, which is now a PPV, and TLC, which is now a PPV. That’s really cool.”
Edge reflected on his role in Money in the Bank.

There can be no denying the impact Edge’s career has had on wrestling. Now, after returning to the ring he is looking to continue building his legacy. Heading into Summerslam, he is locked in a feud with another former MITB winner in Seth Rollins. Two of the biggest and brightest wrestlers of their respective generations.