Malakai Black is All Elite. Everybody saw the debut, and everybody saw the famous image. However, AEW is not the only company Black wants to fight.

Talking during a recent appearance on The Wrestling Perspective, Malakai Black talked about his long-term dream to work over in Japan for New Japan Pro Wrestling.

“One of the companies that I still want to do some stuff for, hopefully in the future, is New Japan. That would make my circle complete. That’s what I was raised on. I always wanted to go to Japan. I always wanted to go to New Japan. It has always been one of my ultimate goals, one of the last few things on my checklist is New Japan. Let’s hope in due time, someway, somehow, we can make that happen in the future.” Malakai Black explained.

The way Malakai Black fights would be a great fit for Japan, and there is no end to the number of mouth-watering feuds he could have with different members of the NJPW roster.

While WWE only allows their athletes to perform on their own shows, AEW has made it clear that they want to work with others. They have a working relationship with several different promotions including IMPACT, AAA and NJPW. This means there is every chance that Malakai Black will get his wish. Whether it is for a full tour, sporadic appearances or as part of a cross-promotion event, fans can legitimately get excited by the thought of seeing him in an NJPW ring.

Black is a tough fighter. Muay Thai trained, and powerful striker, he would fit into the NJPW roster without much trouble.

However, first Malakai Black needs to finish the fight he started with Cody Rhodes. After attacking not only Cody but Arn Anderson during his shock debut for the company, Black needs to keep everything focused on extinguishing a fired up Cody Rhodes.