New Japan Pro Wrestling has booked 3 matches for Wrestle Grand Slam on September 5th. The promotion will present shows from the MetLife Dome on both September 4th and 5th. On the second night, Evil will challenge Shingo Takagi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

Also booked for the 2nd night inside the MetLife Dome will be Robbie Eagles defending his newly won IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against the returning Hiromu Takahashi.

The IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships will also be on the line on September 5th. The champion Dangerous Tekkers team of Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi will defend against both the LIJ team of Tetsuya Naito & SANADA as well as the CHAOS team of Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI.

Takagi successfully defended his title from the Tokyo Dome this weekend. He defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi who was replacing Kota Ibushi. After the match, Takagi spoke to NJPW1972.com.

‘Well, it’s definitely the day after the night before. I’m sore all over- my neck, my back, my legs. But y’know, waking up with those aches and pains reminds me of what I do for a living, and I’ve gotta admit I don’t hate that feeling. That said, Tanahashi was amazing.”

“Yesterday was the biggest stage, against the best opponent, and we had the best match. That kind of opportunity doesn’t come your way all the time, and it felt damn great, right down until that dirty S.O.B. EVIL ruined everything. Yesterday, I was hot when I got backstage, and said what I did about wanting the match as soon as possible. Now I’ve slept on it, though…”