Diamond Dallas Page is a man who needs no introduction. During a recent appearance on the It’s My House podcast, DDP answered the question of what he considers to be the best wrestling finisher. Wrestling is a move of at least a thousand holds – just as Dean Malenko – so coming up with a favorites list is no easy task.

Even DDP struggled to find just one move, instead choosing to go with his two top finishing moves.

“The two greatest finishes ever are the DDT and Diamond Cutter. Randy kept that going with the RKO, there isn’t a better finish than that. Everybody imitates it. Johnny Ace gave me just a run of the mill grab them by the neck and fall down. I came up with all the ways to hit it. And then Johnny went and took all those.“ Diamond Dallas Page answered.

His answers might surprise some, but DDP wrestled in an age when finishers were just that. They were not his multiple times though a match, with the possible exception of a dramatic title match.

While the Diamond Cutter might be his own move, there’s a solid reason for Diamond Dallas Page to pick it as one of his favorites. The cutter is a solid move, and it is versatile. Even in his explanation, he referenced the original cutter from Johnny Ace and the RKO.

Do variations of a move count as separate moves? Possibly. In which case, Diamond Dallas Page’s answer is even more measured, as both his choices are solid and impressive moves, but can have many subtle variations.

The DDT is a move that has become almost criminally weakened over the years, however, when it is executed well it can be devastating. It was a move made famous and often claimed, created by, Jake the Snake Roberts, a close personal friend of Diamon Dallas Page.