Christian Cage is set to return to the Impact Zone for the first time since 2008.

Cage will be challenging Impact World Champion Kenny Omega for the gold on the debut episode of AEW Rampage on Aug. 13. Cage threw the curveball at Omega during a recent episode of Dynamite. Cage will also be getting an AEW World Title shot at All Out on Sept. 5.

Alex Marvez recently interviewed Cage, who revealed he will be making his way back to the Impact Zone next week and he plans to do so as the company’s world champion.

“Listen, Kenny and I are gonna get to know each other really, really well over the next month or so. Kenny, he calls himself the belt collector, and for good reason. Obviously, he has a nice collection going. But I’ve made a decision that I’m gonna beat Kenny for all of those titles and it starts with the Impact World Championship tomorrow night on Rampage.

“But here’s the thing, next week I’ll be back in the Impact Zone for the first time in I don’t know how many years. And I feel like I owe it to Impact for all that it’s done for me in my career. You see Impact, my history there, it runs deep. It gave me the chance to main event. It gave me the chance to wrestle for world titles. I might not have gotten those opportunities anywhere else but Impact, they saw something in me and I stepped up and I became a better wrestler for it.”

During his time with Impact Wrestling, known as TNA Wrestling at the time, Christian Cage became a two-time NWA World Champion. Many credit Cage’s run in TNA as the reason for his ascent to the main event scene.