There has been a lot written in the press recently about professional wrestling and tears. Wrestling unites people and when looked at objectively, is a very emotional event. You have heroes and villains, champions conquering the world and prodigal sons returning. This level of emotion is not just felt in the crowds, but by those performing in the ring. IMPACT Knockouts champion and new Reina de Reinas champion Deonna Purrazzo recently spoke about how she cried ahead of her Triplemania victory.

Talking during an interview on Busted Open Radio, Deonna Purrazzo didn’t hide the fact that she got so emotional ahead of her win.

“I cried, I cried before the match. I was just so worked up.”

The wrestling life is not always easy, and it is not always kind. Deonna Purrazzo has not enjoyed an easy road to her current position. Despite being just 27 years old, Purrazzo has been pushed to the limit by her love of wrestling.
Deonna Purrazzo Appreciates Where She is by Understanding Where She has Been

After finding herself stagnating inside of WWE, Purrazzo made her way onto an IMPACT stage. From there she has moved from strength to strength and is growing in both character and confidence every week.

“Like I love wrestling, I love wrestling so much. And it means so much to me to be put in these positions and for people to trust me in these positions and to get to do these cool life things. I wanted to do this my whole life. Especially more now I’m so appreciative of these opportunities because I came from a place where I wasn’t getting those opportunities and didn’t know if I wanted to wrestle anymore.” Deonna Purrazzo explained. “And the last two years of my life, I’ve just really embraced the opportunities and the gratefulness to get them. I always like to go out and just sit in the crowd when there’s no one, and just look around, look at the ring. I was crying all day because I was just like ‘oh shoot, this is so frickin’ cool.’”

Right now, Deonna Purrazzo is a two-promotion champion, and has spoken of her interest in forming a forbidden door tag team with Britt Baker. She is also part of the upcoming NWA Empowerrr PPV. It’s safe to say she’s come a long way in recent years and has not yet even reached her prime.