Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Mickie James Explains How She Scouted Talent for NWA Empowerrr

Since leaving WWE, Mickie James has been a woman on the rise. Yet to get back into the ring in an active capacity, she has wasted no time in continuing her trailblazing role behind the scenes.

Much has been made about her involvement in the upcoming NWA PPV Empowerrr. The first all-female PPV in NWA history. Mickie James is acting as a producer for the event. She also confirmed that she will not be performing in order to give other women the chance to shine.

Talking during an appearance on the Shining Wizards podcast, Mickie James spoke about how she set about scouting for the show. Wanting to focus on lesser-known talent and those that have not had a steady push.

“I really had to be cognizant of the fact of, you know, who the girls that were all wrestling on [AEW] Dark matches, or different things, you know?… Because I did say that I wanted to give new women opportunities – women who you haven’t necessarily seen, and sometimes you see the same women – not that they don’t deserve it and they’re getting those opportunities for a reason. But you get to see a lot of the same girls show up everywhere…but not really get pushed per se. So I was like, well, here’s a cool opportunity for me to not only define the NWA women’s roster and to start hand kind of selecting and start really seeing who’s going to be in the NWA women’s locker room as a whole.” Mickie James explained.

For Mickie James, the Empowerrr PPV is about more than just putting female wrestlers in the spotlight for one night. It is about building up the next generation of female wrestlers. Giving them a stage where they get the attention they deserve.

Mickie James has been a pioneer in women’s wrestling since day one. No matter where she has gone in her career, she has represented women’s wrestling and pushed boundaries in what can be done.

During her career, Mickie James has won 23 different titles across numerous promotions. She is held in high regard by those in the industry. Outside of wrestling, she has earned a degree in Business Administration. This has no doubt helped tremendously in her transition to a more backstage focused role in NWA.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I still think it's pretty stupid not to book herself for the show.