It was a big weekend for Ric Flair. He took part in the NWA‘s 73rd Anniversary show in St. Louis on Sunday evening. Flair cut an emotional promo during the show and then returned later in the evening to congratulate the new champion, Trevor Murdoch.

Flair recently appeared on Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette and spoke about a variety of topics including what led to his departure from WWE.

“There is no animosity whatsoever. It was just business, I wanted to try something and they just had a different vision,” Flair said of his relationship with WWE on the show.

Renee then asked Flair what was the vision WWE had for him.

“To just get paid, basically, a lot of money. Nothing was wrong with that,” Flair responded. He would continue to say, however, that he wants to be out doing things in the wrestling business.

“Like this weekend, I’m doing the 73rd Anniversary of the NWA, which is a huge deal,” Flair said.

“I probably wouldn’t have been able to do that, not because Vince would have said no, it would have never got to him,” Flair continued.

“I talked to Vince after it was over and I just said whatever paths our lives take us, we’ll always be brothers and he said ‘you’re damn right.'”

Flair also commented on rumors that he’s possibly headed to AEW.

“Yeah (Tony and I) are friends but I haven’t heard a word from Tony,” Flair said to Renee. “If he asks you, tell him I’m around. I hear you know someone that works there!”

Flair also noted that Charlotte Flair will likely never leave WWE.

“Ashley would never leave there, she’s the happiest she’s ever been,” Flair said.