Billy Corgan has responded to Ric Flair’s WWE references at NWA 73.

Flair made his return to the NWA this past Sunday night (Aug. 29). Flair spoke to the crowd inside Chase Park Plaza in St. Louis, Missouri. Flair thanked Corgan for the opportunity and apologized to his family for being on the road so much during his reign as the NWA’s golden goose.

During his promo, Flair also name-dropped a lot of WWE talents. Flair was quite complimentary of the likes of Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, and others. He even thanked Vince McMahon.

During an appearance on Busted Open Radio, Corgan was asked if he knew Flair would make as many WWE references as he did.

“No, but you know what, Ric said, ‘What do you want me to say?’ I said, ‘Ric, you’re Ric Flair, you can say whatever you want.’ He went, ‘Really?’ I said, ‘Yeah, talk about whatever you want. I trust you.’ He said, ‘I want to speak from my heart. I’ve been thinking about what I want to say and it teared me up, thinking about it.’ I said, ‘Do your thing.’ That’s it. That’s what we’re about.

“Ric Flair has earned the right to step through those ropes and say whatever the damn hell he wants. I asked Ric, ‘Did you wrestle here?’ He said, ‘Many times. (I wrestled) Harley, Dusty, Blackjack.’ He rattled off twenty names and I was like ‘oh my God.’ Of course he can step in the ring and say whatever he wants. You don’t think he’s earned that? I do. I don’t care what anyone else thinks with their company. In my company, Ric Flair can say whatever the damn hell he wants.”

Flair has wasted little time exploring his options after being let go by WWE. He appeared at AAA’s TripleMania event, accompanying Andrade “El Idolo” to the ring for his match against Kenny Omega. Reports have claimed that Flair is likely AEW bound but he says he hasn’t heard a word from Tony Khan.