Finn Balor certainly isn’t opposed to the idea of entering the “Forbidden Door.”

Talks of the “Forbidden Door” got started ahead of NJPW‘s Wrestle Kingdom 14 event back in Jan. 2020. Chris Jericho, who was the AEW World Champion at the time, took on Hiroshi Tanahashi in a non-title match. Jericho said he’d give Tanahashi a title opportunity if he beat him at NJPW’s biggest show. Jericho ended up scoring the pinfall.

While the COVID-19 pandemic slowed things down, we’ve seen talents from different promotions cross over. AEW has worked with the likes of NJPW, AAA, Impact Wrestling, and NWA.

Balor, who is seen on WWE‘s SmackDown brand, told Cultaholic that he’d love to break through the “Forbidden Door.”

“I love the idea of the ‘Forbidden Door.’ I feel like if I have an opportunity to wrestle in Japan or Mexico or Europe, for whatever promotion, I would love to be able to do. Obviously, contractually in WWE, they take care of all my dates and my bookings and my travel. They organize everything. If we could set up a working relationship between some of these other brands from around the world, I would love to challenge myself against performers from different regions.”

Finn Balor is currently in a feud with WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. He will challenge the “Tribal Chief” for the gold at WWE Extreme Rules on Sept. 26. There is a bit of a twist to this match, however. Balor will be unleashing “The Demon” at the PPV.