WWE nixed a tag team match from this week’s episode of SmackDown due to time restraints. People like Zelina Vega, Carmella, and Liv Morgan who were supposed to compete in this bout had later reacted to the news on Twitter.

When reports about this tag match being canceled from the Madison Square Garden show first came out, the name of the fourth participant for this bout was not known.

Now Post Wrestling’s John Pollock has provided some update on the situation. He revealed that Toni Storm was the wrestler originally scheduled to team with Liv Morgan for this SmackDown match.

WWE Hall Of Famer Mick Foley who has recently been very vocal about the company’s mistreatment of talents commented on this situation as well. He noted how it was unfortunate that Zelina Vega didn’t get to compete on the show:

So @TheaTrinidad’s match was cut for time at @TheGarden on the eve of 9/11?

That hurts ME – I can only imagine how Thea felt. Stay strong, my friend.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) September 12, 2021

For those who don’t know, WWE had dedicated the super SmackDown episode to the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attack on the 20th anniversary of the unfortunate incident.

Zelina Vega, who lost her father in the attack, was a big part of the promotion for this episode. Fans have since expressed their displeasure with the way WWE handled this situation and nixed her match.

Toni Storm made her official main roster debut during the July 23 episode of SmackDown. Though the former NXT UK women’s champion has not been seen on WWE programming since.