Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Deonna Purrazzo Says She Considered Quitting Wrestling After NXT Run

Deonna Purrazzo had such a bad experience during her run with WWE that the former NXT star had seriously considered quitting the wrestling business altogether after being released from the promotion. The Impact Knockouts champion recently appeared on Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette. She talked about her wrestling career in detail including her time in NXT.

Opening up about how she felt upon her release from the promotion, Purrazzo said that she was emotionally drained. She revealed that she had started thinking about quitting the business to lead a normal life:

“I was just kind of emotionally drained from wrestling, that environment and that system just really didn’t work for me as a person. I was just very much, ‘this is such b******t! This is not what I love about wrestling.

When I was fired, I had contemplated going back to school a whole bunch.”
    said Deonna Purrazzo, “and I was like, ‘okay, I’m definitely going to go back to school.’ So I immediately sent in applications to different schools that were online, and I was like, ‘maybe I’ll just be a normal person again.’”

The Impact wrestling star also talked about what she was planning for herself after her release. According to her, she had contemplated becoming a full-time teacher:

“I am really, just a big history buff. So when I was released in May, that was the first thing. ‘I’m going to go to school and I’m going to be a history teacher maybe!’”

Deonna Purrazzo was released from her WWE contract in April 2020, after wrestling only 16 televised matches in her two-year-long stint. The female star thankfully didn’t quit wrestling and she has since returned to Impact where she is in her second reign as the Impact Knockouts champion.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I'm not the biggest fan, but WWE missed out on a great talent when releasing her.