Renee Paquette appeared on Busted Open Radio on Friday morning. She spoke with Dave LaGreca and Bully Ray for her new segment, Keeping It Real With Renee.

Paquette spoke in-depth about Big E becoming WWE Champion earlier this week. As somebody who has known Big E for many years, it makes her so happy for him to reach the top of the mountain in WWE.

“It just makes me so happy,” she began. “I tweeted out, it’s so cool to see this outpouring of love for someone like Big E. I’ve never heard anybody say a bad thing about the dude.”

Paquette continued by talking about the grassroots-nature of Big E’s rise to the top. A situation like Big E’s rise only comes along every few years. WWE has lightning in a bottle with Big E and a chance to give fans exactly what they want.

“It’s been, I guess you could call it, a slow burn for Big E. You get that huge payoff, him cashing in that Money in the Bank contract, becoming WWE Champion. What I love about it is the organic way that Big’s career has kind of gone. When you get the fans behind you, now you know the company is behind him, it’s time just kind of ‘strap that rocket on to him and shoot him off.’ That trajectory is just going to keep going.”

“If we want to get into ratings and blah blah blah, I think Big E could be that guy to really help to push WWE Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown, wherever he decides he wants to show up. It’s that organic side of things that I think WWE fans have been craving and they want that payoff and they finally got it with Big E and I couldn’t be happier for that dude.”

Bully Ray asked Paquette if she felt that Big E’s title win was a longterm plan that finally came together, or if it was a knee-jerk decision based on competition from Monday Night Football and AEW. Renee didn’t want to call it a knee-jerk reaction, but said there was definitely a ‘business side’ to that creative decision.

“As you see AEW nipping at the heels of WWE, they’ve got to start making some bigger moves and they’ve got to start making fans happy. So, you give them big E, that’s going to make people happy.”

Dave LaGreca asked if Big E could be the new franchise player for WWE. Paquette said he could absolutely be the franchise player for WWE. He has the athletic ability and the charisma. However, there are pitfalls to be cautious about.

“If he is given the creative liberties that he deserves and that he needs to be able to continue being the Big E that everybody knows and loves, absolutely. I think he for sure could be that guy. But like anybody else, you kind of worry, ‘What is going to happen? Are they going to drop the ball on this? Where’s it gonna go?’

“I do think he has all the tools, if you look at him from an athletic standpoint or an entertainment standpoint, just him as a human being, the things that he stands for, the things that he talks about, I do think that he really could be that guy to put the company on the back of.”