Matt Riddle recently confirmed that there has been a little heat on him backstage in WWE for comments he made recently about Roman Reigns. Riddle was being interviewed by the Bleacher Report and said that Reigns “doesn’t move the needle” and this reportedly rubbed some the wrong way backstage in the company.

During a recent interview with the International Business Times, Riddle confirmed that his comments were met with a negative reaction in WWE.

“I’m not trying to rub anybody the wrong way or say anything [wrong], but I made some comments [and] I’ll say this: I think they were all factual, just so you know. Kind of like I said, [I am] kind of telling the truth here. But I think, maybe, even if they were factual, they weren’t the most professional things to say, especially with me being on the Raw brand and him being on SmackDown,” Riddle said.

“I think maybe I got a little too big for my britches, you know what I mean? Maybe I got a little backstage heat. Maybe a tiny bit.”

Riddle has made headlines for comments he’s made about top WWE Superstars in the past as well. He made several statements regarding wanting to retire Brock Lesnar that led to the two having a backstage altercation at the Royal Rumble in 2020. Riddle has also made several statements regarding Bill Goldberg, referring to him as unsafe.

“Unfortunately, I said some things that some people may not have liked and I’m not going to mention names, but they didn’t like it. I won’t say it again. I get it,” Riddle continued.

“Right now, all hail the Tribal Chief. Good for Roman [Reigns]. Acknowledge him. Everybody, acknowledge him, okay? That’s all I’m saying.”

Riddle and his RK-Bro teammate Randy Orton are the current RAW tag team champions. They defeated AJ Styles and Omos for the belts at SummerSlam. It is the second title Riddle has won on the main roster. He is also a former United States champion. He won that title at Elimination Chamber in February but then lost it to Sheamus at WrestleMania.