When CM Punk made his AEW debut during the August 20 episode of Rampage, he took the name of two AEW stars in his promo – Darby Allin and Britt Baker. Even out of these two, Punk took Baker’s name first and according to the current women’s champion, it was a very very cool feeling for her.

The current champion recently had an interview with ESPN. When asked how she felt when Punk mentioned her on his promo, she said that Punk is an idol of her:

“So you gotta remember I am a fan. I grew up watching CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Matt Hardy.” said Britt Baker, “So all these guys I get to work with now is surreal. It’s like a ‘pinch me’ moment. That my idols are my co-workers.

So I am in the back at the screen watching as a fan, watching CM Punk and he says my name, I am like ‘Did everybody hear that?’ I mean it’s so cool. Sure, we share the stage and we are both stars but that’s somebody that I was a fan of. So that’s a very very cool feeling as a wrestler, as a wrestling fan, for someone you idolize to say your name.”

Britt Baker was also asked about the rise of Becky Lynch and if she sees herself becoming the biggest star in AEW to which she replied positively. The current AEW women’s champion is set to defend her title against Ruby Soho at next week’s AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam special from Arthur Ashe Stadium.