Tony Khan promises he has something good cooked up for the AEW women’s division.

AEW is riding a ton of momentum with the recent acquisitions of CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, and Ruby Soho. The promotion has also been gaining steam in terms of viewership. While AEW is on a high at the moment, many have criticized the company over its women’s division.

The problem doesn’t lie with talent. For critics, the issue is not showcasing multiple women’s matches on Dynamite and simply plopping those bouts on AEW Dark.

Khan addressed the criticism during his appearance on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio.

“That was one of the statements I really wanted to make at All Out, we made a ton of statements at All Out. [All Out] was our most successful pay-per-view and really, one of the great pay-per-view success stories of the last 20 years, I really believe the [women’s] division has gotten so strong and it’s gotten to be a real strength of AEW and we have a great Women’s World Champion, Dr. Britt Baker. We have some great contenders coming up and I have some real plans for the women’s division I’m very excited about and really, nobody knows about what this stuff is because I’ve got some really great matches up my sleeve and some exciting plans. But what’s happening right now is tremendous.”

At first, AEW’s women’s division appeared to be going in the direction of having a slew of Joshi talent. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, things drastically changed. Britt Baker has emerged as a star for the company but air time seems to be an issue for the rest of the female talent. That includes Hikaru Shida, who was the longest-reigning AEW Women’s Champion. Shida has mostly been seen on AEW Dark since losing the gold to Baker back in May.