The fallout from Thursday’s Dark Side of the Ring episode on 2002’s Plane Ride From Hell has been swift. A national advertising campaign for Carshield featuring Ric Flair has now been paused due to the allegations made against Flair in the episode.

According to PWInsider, the ad campaign has been paused “pending additional investigation and decisions.”

Intermedia, the ad agency that runs the campaign issued the following statement addressing their decision to put Flair on ice:

“We take these matters very seriously. As of right now, we are pausing the campaign and we will do our due diligence.”

Ric Flair has yet to release a public statement since the Plane Ride From Hell episode of Dark Side of the Ring aired Thursday night. However, he did speak with Renee Paquette about the situation on a recent episode of her Oral Sessions podcast.

“We’ll see how it plays out, because I was there and I don’t care whose name I gotta drop if the heat falls on me. I know who was where and what and who and what took place. I know the whole story,” Flair said on the podcast.

Ric Flair is not the only person facing negative ramifications this week. Tommy Dreamer has been suspended from Impact Wrestling as a result of his comments on the episode defending Flair’s actions.

Ric Flair is not being "canceled" for the sake of being "canceled." He is being called out for something terrible he did and rightfully so.

Some people already knew this story. Some did not. It's not about "cancel culture." It's about reminding people of how bad it actually was.

— Graham "GSM" Matthews (@WrestleRant) September 17, 2021