The report of Women of Wrestling making a comeback was correct.

Fightful was the first to report that WOW was on its way back. The outlet also reported that plans were in place for Tessa Blanchard to be a part of it. It’s been about 16 months since Blanchard was last seen in action.

WOW boss, Jeanie Buss, made the announcement in a statement to Entertainment Tonight and revealed a deal with ViacomCBS.

“Wrestling’s presentation of women has long been very important to me, and we now are presenting the epitome in sports entertainment that will highlight the athleticism of these superstars as we reintroduce WOW. Our partnership with the entire ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group family allows us to continue our mission of providing wrestling fans and WOW Superheroes what they have all deserved: a global platform for a dedicated women’s wrestling league.”

WOW will be back in the saddle in the fall of 2022. Past WOW episodes are expected to air in Dec. 2021 on CW Seed and Pluto TV.

Blanchard had the following to say to ET.

“[Wrestling has] taken me all over the world. I’ve gotten to live in different countries, and win championship titles all over the world, but now with WOW, this is without a doubt the biggest platform for women’s wrestling in history. To be a part of it, it’s a testament that we’re changing the status quo for women’s wrestling, for professional wrestling altogether, and it’s just such a blessing to be a part of it.”

The Fightful report also noted there was one other WOW talent that would be front and center with the relaunch of WOW. That talent is none other than The Beast. She remains recognized as the WOW World Champion.