Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Kurt Angle On TNA Debut: Everybody Thought It Was Goldberg

Kurt Angle admits he was nervous ahead of the major announcement that he signed with TNA Wrestling.

When Angle signed with TNA back in 2006, it was a big deal. TNA Wrestling was the new kid on the block. The promotion hired a slew of former WWE stars but at that point, they hadn’t signed a megastar who was in their prime. That’s why when the promotion announced that Kurt Angle put pen to paper, it threw the wrestling world for a loop.

During a recent edition of The Kurt Angle Show, the Olympic gold medalist reflected on shooting the secret vignettes.

“They were very quick. There were background lights and water falling and it was just me doing poses and revealing myself at the end of the pay-per-view when I made my debut. ‘It’s real, it’s damn real’ and I started laughing. Those were the vignettes that I did. It didn’t take us very long. We got them done and out of there.”

Angle took note of fans chanting Goldberg‘s name before the announcement was made and he went from being excited to sweating bullets.

“Everybody thought it was Goldberg. I was scared. When they were chanting ‘Goldberg’ I was like, ‘oh sh*t. I hope they’re not disappointed it’s me.'”

It’s safe to say that no one inside the Impact Zone was disappointed on that night.

Angle would stick around with TNA until 2016. He made his return to WWE the following year and earned a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame. Angle is now retired from the pro wrestling industry, citing injuries throughout his career, his age, and wanting to focus on other things.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Most real wrestling fans would take Angle over Goldberg anyday. I remember Angle signing with TNA, and It was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Most real wrestling fans would take Angle over Goldberg anyday. I remember Angle signing with TNA, and It was awesome!
    I was thinking about that as I was posting this. I don't ever remember thinking it was going to be Goldberg. Angle's debut was huge. It was my most downloaded episode of TNA back when I was posting the weekly shows.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***