AJ Mendez is a part of Women of Wrestling and she’s spoken out about the move.

Mendez shocked the pro wrestling world with the announcement of her return to the business. While she won’t be back in the ring, she will serve as the Executive Producer for WOW. Mendez will also put on the headset for color commentary duties.

AJ Mendez took to her Instagram account to issue the following statement on joining WOW.

“Swerve. I’m joining ViacomCBS & WOW as an Executive Producer alongside Jeanie Buss!

“It’s possible when I got the call from the president of the Lakers, I thought I was being drafted to the Lakers. Which was confusing, given my height. But then I learned all about WOW, David McLane, and their mission to create female superheroes in a family-friendly show, and I was psyched to bridge my two worlds of wrestling and storytelling to help the next generation feel represented on screen. You’ll see me on camera too as a color commentator! Which, given my penchant for running my mouth, seems fitting.

“Thanks to Chris Farina/ViacomCBS for the photos!”

Mendez made her exit from WWE and the wrestling world back in 2015. Damage to her cervical spine was the main reason for her decision to walk away from the ring. Her presence alone, however, has seemingly given WOW a morale boost ahead of its big relaunch. The promotion is expected to be back in the saddle in the fall of 2022.