Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Unhappy Legendary Belt Maker Reggie Parks Passes Away After Battle With COVID

Canadian professional wrestler and legendary belt maker Reggie Parks has passed away after a battle with COVID-19. He was 87.

Parks began his wrestling career in 1958, competing for Stu Hart’s Stampede Wrestling promotion. He wrestled till 1986 before retiring from active competition.

He also worked as a referee for the then WWF for a brief period after the end of his career as a wrestler but his stint as an in-ring official did not last very long.

Known as the “King of Belts”, the wrestling veteran made his first belt in 1962 and never looked back. He kept making belts even when he was active in the ring and he devoted himself to the craft completely after hanging his boots.

During his career, Reggie Parks made a number of iconic belts including the winged eagle WWF title belt. The belt that was used between February 1988 and March 1998 is one of the most popular designs of the WWE championship.

Here are some reactions to the passing of Reggie Parks:

The world lost a true icon today.

If you grew up loving wrestling in the 80s or 90s, you grew up loving his work.

RIP Reggie Parks

— Conrad the Mortgage Guy (@HeyHeyItsConrad) October 8, 2021

Godspeed, Reggie Parks. It’s easy to thank you for your incredible contributions to our wrestling world, but I am more grateful for how cool you always were to me. Rest well, sir.

— Adam Pearce (@ScrapDaddyAP) October 8, 2021

RIP Reggie Parks. A man who created art in the ring in different ways. The man responsible for my favorite title belt design ever. The 86-98 IC Championship. Godspeed sir.

— Frankie Kazarian (@FrankieKazarian) October 8, 2021

Sad to hear of the passing of Reggie Parks. He was the man who crafted the SHIMMER Championship and the SHIMMER Tag Team Championship belts, along with many other iconic titles in wrestling history!

— SHIMMER Wrestling (@SHIMMERwomen) October 8, 2021

My grandfather Stu loved Reggie Parks.

— Nattie (@NatbyNature) October 8, 2021

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

R.I.P.