AJ Mendez has responded to the question of whether or not she will wrestle for Women of Wrestling.

Mendez stunned the wrestling industry when she announced her return to the business. She will be an Executive Producer for WOW. Not only that, but she’ll also be in the booth as a color commentator.

Of course, this has led many to wonder if AJ Mendez will lace up her boots once again to mix it up with the current generation of female talent. Speaking to Izzy on the official YouTube channel of WOW, Mendez answered that question.

“So I will say, I say the same thing in every interview. It’s always, ‘never say never,’ but don’t hold your breath. And what I mean by that is that I never say never to anything. Physically, mentally, emotionally I’m healed from everything I’ve gone through in wrestling. I could technically do it, but I am so enjoying letting the next generation have their spotlight. I got to do everything I wanted to do so it really would have to be is that challenge there? I don’t think the girls need me there. I think that they are going to take over the world all by themselves.”

Regardless of whether or not she returns to the ring, the good news here is that there is no injury preventing Mendez from wrestling again. When she left WWE back in 2015, she cited damage to her cervical spine as one of the reasons for her decision.

Mendez will be playing a crucial role in the relaunch of WOW. The promotion had gone dark during the COVID-19 pandemic. Along the way, the promotion lost its TV deal with AXS after AXS purchased Impact Wrestling.

WOW is expected to make its return in the Fall of 2022.