Evangeline Lily is set to reprise her role Hope van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, which hits cinemas in early 2023. Details on the threequel are slim, though it is known that Jonathan Majors is set to appear as Kang, the film’s big baddie. Majors first appeared as a variation of the character in Loki as He Who Remains, an omnipotent being who observes and regulates all of the time. The season finale ended with the character dying at the hands of Loki’s variant Sylvie, which allowed the multiverse to crack open.

We’re still uncertain about how the Loki finale will affect the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe and how Kang will factor into the Ant-Man and the Wasp sequel. For Evangeline Lily, the Loki finale was probably one of the coolest things ever. In an interview with Collider, Lily praised the finale and gushed about how the series introduced chaos theory to the MCU.

“The science geek in me loves that element of how smart they are and how they tackle such enormous topics that most kind of fluff popcorn movies are not going to tackle. They tackled chaos theory. That’s really brave and really bold and really cool.”

“It’s so good. And the fact that when we explore the two sides to chaos theory, it’s two sides of the same person, is so good. Because I don’t know about you, but I have both those people in me. I mean, I have that constant battle inside of me, especially right now, with the way the world is today, of like, how much do we control, and how much do we need freedom? And where is that balance? And what does that look like? And what’s more important, safety or freedom? And that’s what they’re tackling in this show. The fact that they’re tackling it in 2021 post … well, mid pandemic, is really brave and bold. And yeah, I dig it.”

Evangeline Lilly’s Wasp was last seen in Avengers: Endgame. Here is the official plot synopsis for the Marvel Studios film:

The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films, “Avengers: Endgame.”

Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Avengers: Endgame stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Benedict Wong, Jon Favreau, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Josh Brolin.

Avengers: Endgame is available on Digital HD, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and streaming on Disney Plus, while Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania will hit theaters on February 17, 2023.

Stay tuned for all the latest news on the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and be sure to subscribe to Heroic Hollywood’s YouTube channel for more original video content.

heroichollywood.com