CM Punk encouraged his wife, AJ Mendez, to take that meeting with Jeanie Buss.

Mendez got the wrestling world buzzing with the announcement of her return to the industry. Mendez will serve as an Executive Producer for Women of Wrestling and she’ll also be providing color commentary.

It’s not every day that the owner of the LA Lakers wants to get ahold of you. CM Punk told Robbie Fox on My Mom’s Basement that once he heard Jeanie Buss wanted to speak to AJ, he was all for it.

“I had somebody reach out to me, saying, ‘Hey, Jeanie Buss wants to talk to April.’ I was like, ‘What?’ April doesn’t know anything about sports, like nothing, you know? So I took the idea to her and I was just like, ‘You have to at least take this meeting. Jeanie Buss is the most powerful woman in sports.’ You know, I think in my mind, I was just doing cartwheels thinking of my wife talking to Jeanie Buss. I thought that was super cool.”

Mendez doesn’t plan on wrestling for WOW, at least not now. In an interview with Izzy on the official WOW YouTube channel, Mendez said that while she can technically make a return to the ring, she’s content with stepping aside and allowing this current generation of talent to shine.

WOW is expected to begin its relaunch in the fall of 2022. The company has agreed to a syndication deal with ViacomCBS. Older episodes of WOW are expected to start airing on CW Seed and Pluto TV in Dec. 2021.