The massive expansion of social media has given people a platform to share their thoughts freely. Though it also means that anyone can say whatever they want, without checking its accuracy. It’s the thing that Tony Khan dislikes the most. The AEW president recently appeared on My Mom’s Basement podcast. He confirmed the main event for the upcoming Full Gear PPV among other things.

Discussing what he doesn’t like about wrestling twitter, Khan said that anyone can spread a lie or make up a rumor and everyone takes it as a fact:

“The biggest thing is, somebody says something on wrestling Twitter that’s a lie or make a rumor up and then everybody takes it as fact as this one person made it up as truth. People run with it and there are a lot of things that have gotten traction. If you, you’re like, ‘that’s not true,’ but one person said it and you can almost track it back. There’s a lot of stuff that isn’t true.”

Though Tony Khan also discussed the flip side of this expansion. He explained how there are cases where obvious lies are easily debunked by people. Tony gave the example of Bruce Prichard claiming he didn’t know Kenny Omega until 2019 during a recent episode of his Something To Wrestle podcast:

“The flip side of it is, the wrestling side is, you have these people who tell these obvious things like I heard the other day Bruce [Prichard] was saying he had never heard of Kenny Omega in 2019. Then literally, they played a clip from 2018 and Bruce is talking very intricately about Kenny. So it’s like, give me a break, man,”

Tony Khan’s AEW will be presenting two big shows in Rampage on Friday and Dynamite on Saturday night this week. The AEW president is hoping to top SmackDown during their expected clash on Friday.