MMA legend Junior Dos Santos is excited to have his professional wrestling debut at Friday’s AEW Rampage.

The Miami Herald, Jim Varsallone, spoke with him about getting involved with AEW. Dos Santos credited American Top Team Founder Dan Lambert’s help and shared that he fell in love with pro wrestling.

“Dan Lambert invited us to go for the show because he was doing some participation. Then I accepted to go. Once I get there I saw how amazing this show was,” said Dos Santos. He also praised the talent in AEW and the fans, which made him want to compete in AEW.

Dos Santos is thrilled to begin his pro wrestling career. JDS makes his pro wrestling debut on AEW Rampage when he teams with the Men of the Year (Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky) to challenge the Inner Circle’s Chris Jericho, Jake Hager and Sammy Guevara.

Before coming to AEW, Dos Santos didn’t have pro wrestling experience. However, he has been learning from Lambert, Page, Sky, and Major League Wrestling talent King Mo in preparation for his debut.

“…I’ve been having some really good advice from Dan Lambert, who is also a big fan of pro wrestling and got a lot of experience on this. And also, King Mo has a lot of experience on this as well. He’s been showing some good things about that." He continued, “Also, Sky and Ethan, they are also helping me with that. Man, I can tell you I will be more than ready to put on a great show for everybody.”

He confirmed during the interview that this match would not be his last. He also believes other fighters may appear at AEW.

“…If you go to the gym and ask the guys, do you want to go to pro wrestling and go do something in pro wrestling, most of them would say yes. Because they can see how excited I am,” said Dos Santos.

At AEW Rampage, Dos Santos will prove he can have a successful career in pro wrestling. While it is an unfamiliar challenge, it seems he is enjoying his new career opportunity.