Tony Khan has revealed that he suffered a legitimate injury during a segment at the AEW Rampage: Grand Slam event last month from New York.

The AEW president recently talked to New York post. During the interview, he discussed the monumental AEW show which did some impressive viewership numbers.

Khan also explained how he got his ribs broken on the show. Per him, it happened during his run-in with MMA star dos Santos, in a spot that wasn’t pre-planned:

“He cracked them, I’ll be OK. But he legitimately cracked them. I’ll be OK. It’s been a few weeks, but I’m sleeping on my right side. It felt just right in the moment; it was just kind of improvised. He’s a very strong man. I love the gasp pop it got.”

The AEW Grand slam event saw the American Top Team consisting Jorge Masvidal, Junior dos Santos and Paige VanZant among others, attacking the team of Chris Jericho and Jake Hager after a tag team match.

Tony Khan came out to confront the MMA fighters as they were making their way back to locker room area. Though he was taken off his feet by the 6-foot-4, 238-pound Santos, leading to the injury.

Later in the interview, the AEW owner also revealed that he ‘no sold’ the injury backstage because he didn’t want the doctors pulling him out. Though he didn’t blame Santos for it and Khan claimed that he was ‘asking for it.’

Dos Santos will be making his in ring debut this week. He will be teaming with Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky to face the Inner Circle on this Friday’s episode of Rampage.