Sami Callihan suffered a gruesome ankle injury at a recent IMPACT Wrestling television taping but he has a good outlook on his return to the ring, joking that he’s been through worse.

Sami Callihan recently appeared on the Battleground podcast and talked about breaking his ankle and how his recovery is going so far. Callihan was supposed to reunite with Jon Moxley at his Wrestling Revolver event on Friday, October 30, but the ankle injury sustained at IMPACT’s September television tapings is keeping him on the shelf for an extended amount of time.

Callihan mentioned that “Moose and [W] Morrissey had to go and break my damn leg,” referencing the storyline explanation for his absence and then spoke about just how gruesome the injury was.

“It was broken. I straight Sid Viscious-ed myself, it snapped in half,” Callihan said. After the hosts said they were at the taping and mentioned how it looked from a fan perspective, Callihan said “you were lucky, it was gross” in response. “I didn’t scream, I didn’t start crying, I did nothing,” he added. “I’ve been through worse.

Asked how his recovery was going, Callihan said he’s doing well. He noted that he can’t walk on his ankle yet, but he’ll start rehabbing the injury in about another month or so.

“Going great, I’m about four weeks into recovery right now, finally got the stitches out from the surgery. I’m able to do a little range of motion, not going to be able to put any pressure on it I think for another four to five weeks, and then I’ll start rehab. You can’t get rid of me that easy, trust me. When I come back, there’s going to be some hell to pay and there’s going to be an entirely new Death Machine.”

Sami Callihan tagged with longtime foe Eddie Edwards at IMPACT’s Victory Road event against Moose & W. Morrissey, which is where he suffered the injury and his last match to date. IMPACT later wrote the ankle injury into storylines to write him off of television. Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com originally reported that Callihan is expected to be out until the spring of 2022