Dominik Mysterio couldn’t believe WWE booked him in a match with Seth Rollins at a major event so soon.

Rollins had a lengthy feud with Rey and Dominik Mysterio in 2020. At the Summerslam PPV that year, Dominik went one-on-one with Seth in a street fight.

On an episode of The Kurt Angle Show, Dominik Mysterio. recalled his father Rey telling him that he’d be facing Seth Rollins.

“Oh, most definitely. I was excited, I thought it was a joke at first. When he told me I thought my dad was kidding but they were serious and it ended up becoming one of my favorite matches, and I’ve only had a year [laughs].”

Dominik went on to say that despite his father expressing worry over the timing, he felt ready for the moment.

“When he asked me he’s like, ‘No, it’s serious.’ I told him, ‘Alright, let’s do it.’ I thought I was ready.

“I had been training already for a little over two years. So, if there was gonna be a time, now is the time. I wasn’t gonna skip on this opportunity.”

Dominik was praised by many for coming through in a big spot despite not having much time in the ring. Of course, Rollins also received credit for being the seasoned veteran and future Hall of Famer that he is.