Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Tony Schiavone Discusses Cody Rhodes Leaving AEW

Tony Schiavone is sharing his reaction to Cody Rhodes leaving AEW.

Schiavone’s relationship with the Rhodes family goes back to the 1980’s. He’s very close to their family and considers Cody and Brandi to be dear friends.

On the latest episode of his What Happened When podcast with Conrad Thompson, Schiavone opened up about the Cody Rhodes situation.

Aside from Cody being a driving force behind AEW’s formation, Cody is also the man responsible for introducing Schiavone to AEW President Tony Khan.

“Cody Rhodes, to me, was one of the faces of AEW,” said Schiavone. “Cody was the one who got me in touch with Tony Khan, and that’s why I signed,” he said.

“Of course, I’m very close to the family. We took many bus rides together to Jacksonville. I consider him and Brandi friends. I think we’re a better organization today because of them.”

Tony Schiavone wishes Cody and Brandi Rhodes the best and is grateful for everything they’ve done for him and for AEW.

Schiavone has seen it all since he started with Jim Crocket Promotions in 1983. That said, Cody Rhodes was an integral part of AEW and his departure is nothing short of shocking.

“But, after you get over the shock of it, you kind of think, ‘You know what? It’s wrestling. It happens. This is the first one that’s left our company, but it’s one of our biggest names that left the company, so that’s why it’s the biggest shock.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I am still shocked by it all. I still say this is an angle so he can spy and destroy WWE from the inside. lol

Ring Crew

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I am still shocked by it all. I still say this is an angle so he can spy and destroy WWE from the inside. lol
    I hope you are right. I have hated WWF/WWE for about as long as I can remember and never watch it

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hackindave View Post
    I hope you are right. I have hated WWF/WWE for about as long as I can remember and never watch it
    What companies do you watch?

Quote Originally Posted by hackindave View Post
    Yeah, I just hope it can get a lot better when Vince goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    What companies do you watch?
    Hackindave may not reply SM, he pops in now and then over the years.