AEW‘s controversial former World Champion CM Punk has yet to file any legal action against the company, amid reports of a buyout.

Punk has been absent from programming since September’s All Out Pay Per View due to his actions after the show.

The two-time AEW World Champion had explosive comments on the All Out post-show, with a fight breaking out between himself and the Elite backstage afterward.

It has been suggested by some that Punk could sue AEW if he is released from the company, just over a year after his epic arrival at Rampage: The First Dance.

Others have suggested that AEW could sue Punk, possibly for defamation, after criticizing the company’s EVPs The Elite.

Punk infamously said that Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, wouldn’t know”how to manage a target” and accused them of sharing false information about him.

On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that no lawsuits have been filed yet from Punk to AEW.

“As far as I know, there aren’t [any lawsuits yet] but that doesn’t mean that there won’t be. I suppose it’s possible on the other side, too, but I have not heard that. I mean the key to this is so much of the stuff has not come out and I don’t know that it ever will.”

Special guest Nick Hausman of Wrestlin Inc added that AEW has not filed any suits at Punk over his comments and behavior.

“I’m under the impression there’s no litigation against Punk at this moment.”

While fans have been clamoring for answers, Tony Khan has been noticeably silent on the matter and the investigation which has since concluded.

Speaking about AEW’s radio silence, Meltzer added that he doesn’t expect a public statement from Khan no matter what comes next.

“As far as what the investigation shows, I don’t think we’ll ever know that. I don’t think we’ll ever hear anything from AEW on this subject. I mean, maybe in years, we might, but I don’t expect to. Just from the fact that we haven’t [heard anything from AEW yet.]”

While Ace Steel is believed to have been fired from AEW last month, nobody from the company has publicly confirmed this.