Austin Theory has come a long way in his WWE career as he had a brief run in NXT before being called up to the main roster and was aligned with Seth Rollins during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 before being sent back to NXT.

While in the developmental brand, he reinvented himself, paired with Indi Hartwell, Johnny Gargano, and Candice LeRae as part of The Way before being moved back to the main roster, where he was featured in a segments with Vince McMahon.

The United States Champion has been pushed strongly ever since and just beat John Cena in the opening match of the first night of WrestleMania 39.

The 25-year-old got the spotlight very early on in his main roster run when he got paired with Vince McMahon. This led to him getting a lot of TV time and some big wins over notable names. When Vince retired, however, many thought his push might be over.

During his appearance on Out of Character, Austin Theory was asked if he felt nervous due to the management change. He responded by reminding people that it was Triple H who hired him in the first place:

[I]“Man this is just something always that, this is just how I’ve been. Even in wrestling school it was the same way. There’s people that get into groups and people might feel a certain way about you, because of opportunities you're getting but it’s just the way I work man. My work ethic to grab and keep going. I always want more and that’s a good thing about WWE. Even look the Elimination Chamber, I won the Elimination Chamber, but now, we moved on.

I was facing Edge in the main event of Monday Night Raw, but then we move on. Now we are at WrestleMania. So it’s like, those are two huge things, but we just keep going. We just go, so it’s not a lot of time for celebrating. But in that sense, it’s just like, that constant movement of just keep going, keep going, keep going. So for me, I was always so motivated and when it came to that, it didn’t matter if it was Mr. McMahon in charge, it didn’t matter if it was Triple H, because I knew how hard I was gonna work, it didn’t matter. Everybody around knew it. They were like, 'He works.' So you can’t deny me, and if you do I’m gonna show you, that you can’t deny me.

That was just my mindset but it’s funny how the internet talks, they’re like, 'Well, that’s it for Theory, he’s done.' But a lot of people, they just don’t even do the research. I got to WWE because Triple H was involved with EVOLVE and he’d seen me. There was communication there and then I had my try out. I beat everybody in the tryout. You can even look that up cause I made sure I did. Having that and knowing I had his support and having to earn somebody like Mr. McMahon, that was the one that blew my mind. When I realized 'oh wow Mr. McMahon’s working with me gotta be doing something, right,'

Theory also talked about turning into a more serious character under Triple H and how fans react to it. He explained that his progression is part of a story and joked that ultimately he will become as serious as Darth Vader :

“So, like for me it’s one of those things too where people would be like 'Oh man I’m so glad you don’t do the phone thing anymore, Oh I’m so glad like you got rid of the briefcase.' But my thing is, this is all a story. It’s all a movie. It really is." said Austin Theory,

"Imagine, and I like using this as an example, like Anakin - If you didn’t see him as a kid and go through all that stuff and you are just seeing him as Darth Vader. So that’s what I’m telling you guys, I’m gonna turn into Darth Vader. That’s just gonna happen. No, but may be, I don’t know. Let’s see how dark this thing gets.”