WWE Hall of Famer Edge is ready to hang up his boots (this time on his terms) but plans on becoming World Heavyweight Champion one last time first.

Last month, Triple H revealed the new World Heavyweight Championship as the company's answer to Roman Reigns' sporadic schedule. The new champion will be crowned later this month at WWE Night of Champions. During this week's Raw, Seth Rollins defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Damian Priest to advance to the semi-finals. The Architect then bested Finn Balor to earn his spot in the finals in Jeddah.

For Edge, the prospect of becoming World Heavyweight Champion again, or holding any gold, seemed impossible just a few years ago. The Rated-R Superstar retired as World Heavyweight Champion in 2011 and is now ready to reclaim the title. Taking to Twitter, Edge shared his thoughts on becoming Champion one final time.

"Twelve years ago, I was forced to give the thing up. I never had a chance to get it back. Now I have a chance, and it all comes full circle. Now, this ride, it's going to end sooner than later. Let's face it, we all know that. I gotta get this done. It's the last thing to do. It's the period on the end of the sentence, right? This last sentence in the book. I gotta get that stuff out of the basement. I just gotta do it.

"You know, all of you that are watching this, I assume you've been with me on this ride, and I really appreciate it. It's going to end soon, and I gotta end it right this time. There's no better way to finish it than to win the World Championship and then, when I lose it, that's it. I'm done. So Rey, AJ, bring your best tomorrow. I know you will. I can't wait to see you in there, to be honest. Let's tear it up."

In his video, which Edge admitted isn't a "mapped-out wrestling promo" the Rated-R Superstar mentioned AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio, calling the pair "the reason a lot of people are in our industry." If Edge is to become World Heavyweight Champion again, he will need to defeat the two former World Champions in his first of three matches.

Should Edge best the Ultimate Underdog and the Phemenonal One, then he'll have another match on SmackDown, against the winner of the Sheamus-Bobby Lashley-Austin Theory matchup. Only if Edge can win that match will he enter his final match against Rollins at Night of Champions.